The story of this unusual building began long before 1900 as Johann Kröll (nicknamed Schmalzer Honis) followed the call of the Great Gold Rush and travelled to make his fortune in Klondike, Alaska, as a Gold Digger and Big Game Hunter. He was successful and on his return in 1905 he commissioned the master builder Johann Rauter-who, through his unusual buliding style had attracted much criticism, to build the „Turmvilla“.
From 1906-1966 the building was a guesthouse, although during the war it was used to shelter refugee families and was later a hostel for workers building the power plant and reservoir in the Zillergrund.
In 1966 a completely different period began in the history of the building when the Mayrhofen Police moved their headquarters to here. Many people can still remember the duty rooms on the ground floor and the cells in the cellar. (These cells were often used to contain drunks as they sobered up.)
In 1985 Peter Krenslehner was able to free the „Turmvilla“ from the hands of the law and after a refurbishment inside opened the SCOTLAND YARD PUB. Peter was running the Pub nearly 30 years.
In November 2014 we (Clemens Thaler and Hans Jörg Moigg) took over the Pub – now we and our team are doing our best to satisfy every guest wish.